I never thought it would be so FUN being so Deceptive! My GARDEN is putting out the crop like noones business and i can't stand to see it go to waste so this last week i have been a slave to my kitchen and my pureeing machine. I have zuchini, yellow squash, carrots, beets & cauliflower purees filling my fridge and i have put them in EVERYTHING! SHHHHH!!! My family doesn't no this, but it is fantastic!
Last night I made some spagetti, but not just any spagetti....i bought the colored "veggie noodles" and then i put yellow squash and carrot puree on them and stirred it up and they ATE it! Not only did my 4 yr old eat hers all gone but she asked for more!! And then the Spagetti Sauce had beets in it. NO ONE KNEW! So this morning i whipped up a batch of Waffle mix and put some carrot puree in it and they didn't say anything. And last week i made the yummy potato soup from the Deceptivly Delicious Cook Book and put the Cauliflower in it as well as yellow squash and it tasted GREAT & they ate it all up!
So not only do i feel like my kids are getting some very good food in them but i feel like i am making use of all my Garden Grown Veggies and not having to waste any of them!
I LOVE IT!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Deceptively Delightful!....and delicious
Posted by
The Bergers
at
1:06 PM
Labels: septembers harvest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh Kamber... that is too funny! I might just have to steal that idea. you are a good mom,I've about given up on tying to get the kids to eat my garden veggies.
Wow, I need to do this, my kids won't eat anything but french fries!
What a great idea! And it sounds delicious.
I am TOTALLY impressed! I can't stand to see my harvest go to waste either :)
Are you saying the Dino nuggets and hot dogs I've been feeding MY kids isn't healthy? I suck!
Wow Way to Go!!! I still haven't dared try most of the recipes. We'll have to have a Deceptive Party and all come with different "puree experiments" so we can all start eating healthier!
I have that cook book and I LOVE IT! Isn't it great when they don't even notice that they are eating so healthy:) It does take a little more work but it is fun to see what you can mix in and not even taste!
I have this cookbook and I use it a lot. My favorite is the oatmeal. My boys and I eat it almost every morning!
Post a Comment